This can probably be filed as the first piece and first step towards my crafting journey. This was a fairly original idea and I was quite pleased with how it turned out. The motivation was to be the ‘Creative’ mom with THE cutest kid at the ‘Dress up as your favourite fruit’ day.
So here is the little apple outfit I made with nothing but a thick paper shopping bag and some inexpensive felt paper that you will find in any craft store.
Here is a picture of the finished product:
This is entire outfit is one single piece.
What you need:
– One large size thick paper bag. I used a fabindia paper bag.
– Sufficient red felt paper to cover the whole bag
– Bits of green felt paper to make leaves
– School Glue
How to make it happen:
-Make sure your kids are asleep. 🙂
-Neatly trim the edge that holds the handle straps. We don’t need this end.
-Make a cut on either side of the bag till the base (which will later allow you to open up the bag lengthwise).
-Base/bottom of the bag is what eventually turns into the 2 shoulder straps.
– Draw your apple. Top of the apple is towards the base of the bag, Remember to make the straps at least 2 inches wide. And there should be a sufficient round for your little one to slip his little head through. (Sorry no pictures here… 😦 )
– Cut out the apple shape carefully so as not to damage the shoulder straps.
-Trace the shape of your apple on to the red felt and extra for the shoulder straps. Cut and stick.
– Cut leaf shape from the green felt paper and stick.
– Let dry